Nick and Jessica

Nick and Jessica
Fun times 2009

Friday, May 7, 2010

Babymoon


We did it, we took a much needed trip to Bellingham, WA for 5 days to get away from it all and just relax. It was beautiful out there. We were right on the water thanks to my Aunt Jeanette letting us stay with her. She has the most amazing view from her back patio of the ocean and the San Juan Islands.


We were able to take a day and go visit Vancouver B.C. just to bum around the city and site see. It it a beautiful city with a unique look and surrounded by water, mountains and trees. We hung out in Chinatown(2nd largest in North America we were told) and had lunch at a good Vietnamese Restaurant where we were definitely the minority. After driving around Stanley Island we headed back to Bellingham.


The rest of the time we spent bumming around the very Boulder-like city checking out shops and restaurants and spending time with family we don't get to see often.


Of course traveling was much more uncomfortable for me than it has ever been in my life! Oh the plane the plane with your hard seats and rigid backs why do you hate pregnant women so much! All I wanted to do was lie down, of course I couldn't do it so it was basically fidgeting in my seat and trying to meditate the hours away! Of course the good company helped immensely :) I feel very lucky to have my husband also be the person I want to spend my free time with. We had a very good time and I'm thankful we were able to get away together.


There is a new-ish belly shot below. I definitely have really turned into a seriously pregnant looking woman. It's still surreal to me...to us. It is exciting, terrifying and so very nerve racking. I feel this little being flopping around IN MY STOMACH and I'm still like "what I'm pregnant?!" It is a very interesting, eye opening experience. I feel we have a lot to learn (we start classes next month) that will hopefully help us both grow into better human beings so we can BE better human beings for "mini".

1 comment: